Friday, February 1, 2008

The Longest Drive Ever!!!

we got back from our trip from Utah on Monday morning at 430 Am.
we left Sunday morning at 10 am.
under normal circumstances, we should have gotten home by 10 pm on sunday night.
we got caught in a blizzard and had to
use chains for half of the trip. it took six hours longer than normal.
an ear infection, a car full of sick children who were sick of being in the car all day,
and a migraine later---
we were home.
i have never been so grateful to be in my house, with all my stuff and
my problems.
it was joyful to drive down our street.
our cat was overjoyed to see us too.

4 comments:

Natalie Hall said...

Are you kidding!!!! That is horrible. I hope the trip was worth it. Traveling that long with sick kids, oh I want to cry for you just thinking about it. I am glad you are home SAFE and SOUND! Probally wont be thinking of traveling any time soon...

the waites said...

Hi Jill! What a treat it was to see your comment. How stinkin cute is your little family! Last time I saw you guys was when Ruby was like 1. Anyways send me your email and you can check us out. I really love this blog thing..you can tell I dont live by family and blog all day long, its pathetic.

xoxo rachwaite@hotmail.com

kateworthi said...

I know the feeling of that... and by the way, I am eternally grateful to you for sacrificing to come and see us. I'm so glad you guys were safe and you were able to work it out. Thanks. You're the best sis.

The Allred Family said...

Trips with kids....DON'T DO 'EM!!! This sounds MISERABLE!