Friday, March 20, 2009

Irish Princess turns 7


HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUBY!
WE THREW AN ALL IRISH, ALL GREEN, ST PATRICKS DAY EXTRAVAGANZA FOR OUR LITTLE RUBY!!

When I first gave birth to ruby, and we were in the hospital, all the nurses and family members said that she would get tired of all the green birthdays ( being born on st patricks day) but we have NEVER had anything green on any of her birthdays. except this one. it was her idea to do an irish birthday party with a leprechaun treasure hunt. she was very proud of herself for thinking of it. ( and boy am i glad she did, or else i would have had to do a "jungle" theme---i was not looking forward to that) 

Here she is opening her presents. i asked her what her favorite part of the party was , and she said it was opening presents.
here she is reading a clue from the treasure hunt. sure glad the kids can read!!
bit o "blarney" rocks that we made 
we decorated the house with shamrocks everywhere.
found the treasure!!
i made an irish treasure cake for her.---i know, its a little over the top.



had to remember these invitations. they were so cute. 

15 comments:

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy RUBY!! That party looks like it was tons of fun! :)

Samantha said...

What a cute and fun birthday party. Ruby is so funny with her birthday party ideas. remember how she wanted a Hawaii birthday party last year. I love her, she is adorable. Happy Birthday Rube! you probably should have named her emerald, you know, haha I am funny. I LOVED your invitations!! and, I loved your decorations, especially the leprechaun tracks. Wish I could have been there, you always go all out! You ARE a cool and fun mom, Jill.

Sunderlages said...

Ruby looks so dang cute! What a cool momma.

Unknown said...

those invites are adorable! I love the rock you made. Clever!

Unknown said...

weird comment for Jake, right? It was claire! :) I am a retard at switching users.

The Allred Family said...

YOU'RE SO FUNNY! YOUR COMMENTS CRACK ME UP. I BURNT ALL THOSE CALORIES BY DOING AN HOUR OF WEIGHT LIFTING IN A CLASS AND THEN DOING AND HOUR OF STEP. I PAID FOR IT THOUGH. I WAS PRETTY SORE FOR A BOUT TWO DAYS. I USUALLY ONLY WORK OUT FOR AN HOUR. ANYWHO....THAT IS NOT MY MANSION, SADLY! THAT'S MY IN-LAWS. SHE JUST DID THE MOST GORGEOUS RENOVATION ON HER KITCHEN. IT'S AMAZING. WE CELEBRATED OVER THERE.

Elizabeth said...

Good job Jill! That cake and the invitations are awsome! I can't believe she is 7. I year and she will be baptized! AHHH!

Kara said...

I want you to pan my parties...and my kids'. Good thing they are boys, they will be less damaged by my example. So much fun for Ruby, she looks just dashing in her green outfit and the house was all gussied up too. amazing!

Maddie Bagley said...

HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY RUBY!!!!!!! i miss u & cant wait 4 u 2 come down in june! super cute party!

Savanna said...

HAPPY B-DAY!!!!! the party looks great!!!! ruby is 7!!!!! crazy

kateworthi said...

Jill, you're really putting me to shame. My kids are gonna think I'm the meanest mom ever!!!!

Ruby is so sweet and cute - it looks like a blast. I'm glad you guys had so much fun! And props to you for pulling it off all by yourself. Super woman!!!

Team Hillman said...

What a fun birthday idea. The cake and the invitaions are so cute-you are so talented Jill.

Nancy said...

Okay I commented enough on the first post, but just have to say what a beautiful little girl Ruby is. She is such a living miracle and such a gorgeous mix of you and Jason. Someday we'll have to set her up with my Dallas! Love the cake!

Anonymous said...

ruby lets party!! get those clothes off spread your legs and let me make you feel good, give you soooo many orgasms you cry, you know how much I love your p-ssy and tonight you get to loose your anal virginity, going to look sooooooo good with c-m dripping from your bum mmmmmmmmmm my big girl I love spending time in bed with you

Anonymous said...

hell yes!! love to do her with you