Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Mediterranean



We Just got back late last night from our trip. So these are the exclusive photos. please ignore my snickery face in most of them. as i am not photogenic. but it was an AMAZING trip. the trip of a lifetime. I celebrated my birthday in Venice. and it was the best birthday ever.
FOr those who dont know, Jason and i took a mediterranean cruise to Italy and greece for my 30th birthday ( and our 10th anniversary celebration). we have never travelled without kids since we had them. it was quite a treat. thanks Errol and Elaine for making this possible!!
this is the Parthenon.
City of Athens in the background of the site of the Acropolis
More Parthenon---- its just too awesome!!
This is the NIKE temple at the Acropolis. the Ladies are so beautiful that hold it up
This is an ancient city on the Isle of Delos. ( birthplace of appolo) this city, and some of its remains date 3,000 years back. this was someones formal living room. look at the beautiful mosaic floor. you cant see the art work in the middle, but it was a god riding a tiger. one of the only peices of "tiger art" in greece.

This is Mykonos---just breathtaking
Jason just stripped down and had to go for a dip. he couldnt help himself the water was just too beautiful and warm :)
Its very humble, but this is where the light the torch for every olympics. this was taken in ancient olympia.
Taking a picture with this statue was not allowed. i got in trouble for it. but it was worth it. this was the ancient archeological museum of olympia. its where they keep all the original carved statues.
This was a beach in Katakolon ( where olympia is) . i must admit. it was a great experience. Jason was frolicking in the ocean , and i forgot my bathing suit---i had to sit around and wait for him to get his ocean time in. ahhhh--some of the ladies were topless!!
We ended our trip in venice. that place is so freakin cool!! i reccommend everyone go to venice before they die. or if you take any trips to italy----be sure to go there. they say its sinking. so ya better hurry!!
eating gelato
view of the grand canal
ALAS, one of my big regrets is not taking a gondola ride.
next time ill bring more money :)


11 comments:

Nancy said...

man I am sooo jealous, that looks like an amazing trip, and sounds like you two deserved it, I can't believe you've never been on a trip just the two of you before, I think that's vital in a marriage.

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a great time.

Wiest Family said...

WOW, I promise, next time, I can fit in a suit case.

Connie said...

Jill - how fun for you guys to take this trip. Wade has been talking of going on a Mediterrain cruise this fall . . . we'll see. You look darling! See you in July!
Connie

Samantha said...

Seeing pictures of your trip gives me the travel bug. It looks like it was amazing! Jason looks very big in that picture of him swimming, almost like a gorilla or something - haha. You two look like you had a really great time. Sounds and looks like the trip of a lifetime!

Becky said...

Holy Moly, Jill! That trip looks AMAZING!! I am sooooo glad you guys got to go. The blue of the water is just mesmerizing and you look beautiful :) I am stinking excited to see you next week. So much so that I just used the word "stinkin" to describe excited and I have a policy to never do that. But this excitement deserves it!!!!

Melissa said...

This is the trip of a lifetime. Tom and I daydream about making this exact trip one day. Loved that you shared it with us. Great motivation to go.

Annica said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had an amazing trip!! I'm a little jealous!

kateworthi said...

Okay, so why did you get in trouble for taking a picture with that statue? That seems kind of weird. But I'm so glad you had such an amazing time. Next time, I wanna go with! I'm glad I got to read your little captions on the blog - although I had seen the pics on FB already. I LOVE it! And yes, you are photogenic! You're ridiculous!

Shawn and Tasha said...

Amazing, to say the least! I'm so glad you two got to go. LOVE the pics- WOW! You look gorgeous, might I add, you hot babe!:)

The Allred Family said...

Wait a minute...I need to get this straight. You got a fat ring and a Mediterranean trip??? You BRAT!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I would say I am jealous...but I am going next summer! YEAH!!!! So it's good to see what I'll be seeing. Definitely am looking forward to the greek isles...the pic you got of them was great. Reminds me of the scenery in Mama Mia. By the way...I didn't Jason was soo...uh....manly. :) Wow. :)