Monday, September 8, 2008

OH GRRRGHH! She is still in love with Devin!!

I was playing some songs from the 80's on my computer when Ruby got home from school today. 

one of the songs that came on was "dont you want me baby" by the Human Leauge . ( many of you would be familiar with it) . and i was dancing, being goofy---then all my kids began to dance. 
and Ruby had been telling me since the minute that she got home from school ( its only the second week of school mind you) that she had FINALLY got Devin to play with her. ( there is a back story to this which you can access by going to earlier posts---the one called "rubys first love") long story short......Devin did NOT move to Minnesota. im not very happy about that. 
Needless to say----she is still madly obsessed with him, and thinks he belongs to her.
But in regards to the 80's song, she commented that "it would be so hilarious for me to play this song to Devin" . which i thought was SOOO funny. but the more disturbing thing that she told me just previous to that was something about her and Devin having "alone" time today. and how they told the other kids to go away and said " cant you see that we are having alone time right now?" 

9 comments:

The Allred Family said...

Watchout for that lone time! That's how babies are made! :) I can't believe he didn't move....but maybe that really are meant to be together...sounds like she's pretty convinced of that. Maybe she's received some sort of revelation! :) I can't believe she wanted to play that song for him.....wow, what a smart girl...knowing how to reel in the men!

Rebecca McAllister said...

Six year old love is truly scary, huh? Cameron is also convinced that he has found "the one." Freeks me out.

Leisel said...

Be afraid be very afraid....

Samantha said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny! Hopefully Devin will be too concerned about cooties to make a move.

kateworthi said...

Hopefully, they don't know how to get into any real trouble... but VERY funny nonetheless. That Ruby is one smart cookie! So cute. Just like her mom: Boy Crazy!!!! :)

Samantha said...

I know your van isn't a person. I guess I should have worded my sentence better. I wasn't really sorry to not have been able to see the van, I was just sorry I didn't get a chance to go up and see your family.

PerryParty3 said...

oh no! at age 6?! Man, I didn't even get "alone" time at 16! I think your in for a looonnnggg road ahead of you! But can't blame those boys! Ruby sure is a cutie!

P.S. any footage of the goofy dancing?

Natalie Hall said...

I love Leisels comment, to classic. Ruby is way beyond bright. I can not wait for the teenage years.

Thanks so much for posting wonderful new happenings. Can I tell you how darling your kids are. Jill, they are such a mixture of the both of you. I really hope you guys are doing more than wonderful.

Elizabeth said...

Aren't they suposed to think boys are yucky? Natalie is the same way though. It makes me VERY scared for the teenage years.
Ruby looks so cute on the first day! I can't believe they are in first grade.