Monday, September 1, 2008

Post Summer Update


I know that my lack of posts and pictures this summer are pathetic. but i really dont care. 

there is not much i care about at this time. im just glad i survived this summer. 
this may end up being a very Eyore-ish post, but im pretty bummed about portland summers. 
you try to cram every freaking thing into them , because you know that as soon as it starts raining, your life is over. and you feel this panic all summer long. you cram in swimming, and camps, walks, trips to the park, zoo, etc. 
so here are the main things that went on this summer, 

*Jason worked crazy hours and was out of town most of the summer , we saw very little of him. 
*Lucille became a pro at crawling, and is all over the place , and is obsessed with food.
*We got some raised beds and planted our first garden. we are still enjoying the fruits of that.
*Ruby went to three different theater camps this summer.
*Andrew and Reachel came to visit. 
*We Broke down and bought a Trampoline, in order to stay sane. 
*My parents , Sam , and James came to visit. we all went to seaside, 
had a blast. 
*New car + Road trip to idaho+Lava hot springs+Salt Lake city for two 
weeks= tons of fun for us and the kids.
*We saw lots of family at lava hot springs at the reunion, but still felt like 
there was not enough time!!!

So, you see , it was an eventful summer. I really am feeling guilty now, i realize 
that i didnt take many pictures. im horrible at documenting.
maybe i will find some in the camcorder---
i will continue at a later date!!! 
happy first day of school tomorrow.

3 comments:

Rebecca McAllister said...

Oregon summers ARE way too short. Especially the years (like this year) where it doesn't start getting warm until well into July. I don't mind the fall becuase I love the weather changes at the same time as all of the hollidays. What I DO mind is Jan-March. Three months of pure hell.

Samantha said...

I'm so glad that you finally posted. I was actually thinking of doing the same thing, just listing all we did this summer because I am so bad at posting - and I never take pictures. Sounds like a busy summer you guys had. How do you like your van?? Sorry I couldn't come up to see it.

kateworthi said...

Honestly, almost every word you just said, I feel the EXACT same about my summer. Except, I was sick a lot during all of it - so it made it kind of crappy. It's funny that Sam said she was going to do the same thing, because I am too. Only, I DO have some pictures too.... I wish I would have visited this summer to add to the fun - but tickets are STILL expensive. I'm keeping an eye out, don't worry.