Wednesday, November 12, 2008

5 years cancer free!!!

the cake says " Ruby's cured----5 years healthy"
It was yet again another bone marrow birthday for ruby. This one was the biggest cause for celebration. after 5 years of being cancer free, they are considered cured!!! They would never tell us that she was cured, but after 5 years they do. It means that she has the same chance as a normal child to develop childhood cancer again
Here is Sami with her new hair cut. doesnt she look smokin hot? So nice to have a sister in town. we did tons of crafts, hair, made cards, gourmet food----it was an awesome time. 
love having someone around that is more of a homebody than me!!! was so relaxing. cant wait to have you come again-----what'd ya say...........fly back in january?
Dont laugh at the pathetic cake. Ruby requested a pumpkin cake ( she has a thing for pumpkin lately) and she wanted a tinkerbell cake too. this was the best pumpkin cake, and i just went to the disney store to get a tinkerbell doll. ( the cake topper tinkerbell was ugly) but at least ruby got a doll out of it.  we also went to pump it up and jumped around with the kids--and it just so happened that they had a reptile show there. my kids were in heaven. 

16 comments:

Sara and Spencer said...

Hooray Ruby! I am so glad you are cancer free and CURED! I will miss you while I am gone make sure to sing nice and loud so I can hear you in Kansas :)

Melissa said...

We are so happy to hear that she has made it to such a big and safe milestone.

aryn said...

That is so wonderful!!!! Yeah Ruby killed cancer!!! What a amazing milestone- thanks for sharing!

sunderlage family said...

Yeah Ruby! What a miracle.

Elizabeth said...

Reading this brought tears to my eyes.I am so happy that she is cancer free and cured!

Annica said...

Congrats! That is amazing news!

Unknown said...

Yeah for Ruby June!!!

Candice said...

This is the happiest news I have read for a long time.

I remember getting the amazing updates when she had cancer. Thank you for those. I remember how much faith was exhibited. Thank you for that...for showing me what was possible.

By the way, I am Jason's cousin, Candice.

What a happy day.

Ben and Shara said...

Congratulations Ruby!! Way to be clean!!

Wendy said...

Hope you don't mind me barging in. I saw your link on the Newby's blog.

Such cute, cute pictures! Congrats to Ruby and happy, happy birthday!

Samantha said...

"Five years cancer free...you're a miracle little Ru-by!" We are so grateful she made it! She is such a blessing in all of our lives. I'm so glad I was able to share in the celebration. I would love to come again!! I will have to bring Adam next time, he barely survived me being gone for two weeks.

Anonymous said...

Huzzah! I am now 5 days cancer free! lol. Awesome awesome awesome. I am so excited for you!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Congrats! That is great news for Ruby and your family! I was only about 5 years old, but I still remember celebrating that day with Loni!

The Allred Family said...

how fun to have sammy around. I love her hair. It is hot. i have been thinking about getting bangs. Everyone's doin it! :) congrats in the 5 yr thing. That's an awesome milestone. My nephew is two and just got diagnosed with leukemia. So sad. Fortunately, he does have the more curable kind. Acute....something. This is on Jason's side. I thought if you and how far you guys have come!

Natalie Hall said...

This is the best post yet!!! Ruby is the biggest fighter, and has one of the biggest, loveing spirit.. We love you Ruby! And I think the cake is great Jill!

Is Jason training for a body building competetion? His arms are HUGE! Maybe this is a new hobby of his... You look Great Jay

Patti said...

Yay! She is such a sweet, sweet little girl. I love her smile and her happy attitude. You probably spent many painful days thinking this day would never come! And now look how far you've all come. :) (Insert a thousand more little smiley faces here!) Love you guys.