Saturday, November 8, 2008

Visit from Sam on Halloween

Here is Sam with Hazel seeing the reptiles at the W&K annual halloween party---i posted most of these photos on my facebook page and forgot to blog about them. silly me. we had a lot of fun with sam here , she just left this morning. she is wearing my nun costume and i wore the devil horns. we drove in the van together around town as we were going to the halloween party, and a bum stopped in mid intersection to point and give us a shocked reaction. then he laughed hysterically. we realized it was because of the irony of our costumes. and i was embarrassed.

my kids love the reptiles. ruby and ezra are quite fearless.
i am totally freaked out by this lizard. it just reminds me of jurassic park. when the lizard gets mad, it has this frill around its head with little poky horns. i thought it was going to get mad. but i was trying to be brave for my kids. :)
jedi transformation into yoda
the kids right before trick or treating
free pony rides at the party---weeeeeee!!

obi wan has met his nemesis.....and not too happy about it.
this is ruby at her school parade. it was a fun little party. im glad her school celebrates halloween, the school we had her in before didnt. it was lame.

5 comments:

Sidney said...

I have got to show my boys this post they will love the snakes and turtle..

Jill, you guys all looked great! You hot little devil. I really hate that you are far away, it bugs, like I have said before. Those kids are to cute to only get to see through cyberspace. I guess we have to be grateful for blogs..

Natalie....

Hillarys little Paynes said...

oh that snake and stuff looks awesome, my kids would have gone wild for that stuff. You guys all looked so cute, i always love checking out your blog. take care

Patti said...

Speaking of Halloween, here is the recipe for those PB Bars we had at your ward party. Your neighboor wanted it...

PEANUT BUTTER BARS

Cream together: 1 C butter, 1 C peanut butter, 1 C sugar, 2 eggs, 1 C brown sugar, ½ tsp vanilla

Mix together then add to wet mixture: 1 tsp baking soda, 1 ½ C flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 ½ C oats,

Mix well then spread on a large cookie sheet. Bake at 375ยบ for 12-15 minutes (or until golden brown). Cool slightly. Spread a thin layer of PB and cool completely. Frost (see recipe). Refrigerate before serving.

FROSTING:
¾ cube butter, 5 Tbsp milk, 4 Tbsp cocoa, 2 ½ C powdered sugar

Mix well and frost bars once peanut butter layer has cooled. Refrigerate before serving.

I'll get your pictures sent soon! :-)

Sidney said...

This really is sidney
I think Halloween is kids favorite Holiday. I hate that to many adults try to read more into it. Poo hoo on them. Dressing up for kids is such a great part of childhood imagination. I think it's one of the best things for combating a lot of childhood fears too. When kids see kids dressed up as monsters and scary people it diffuses a lot of fears.

The Allred Family said...

Cute costumes. Is that an anaconda???? And you were afraid of a lizard?? That thing could swallow you whole!