Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Banantastic bread

The only thing that has gotten me through this day is the thought that i will be able to enjoy a piece of this bread.
Im gonna call this Triple B bread. triple b--meaning: Best, Beloved, Banantastic bread!!

I got this recipe from Stephanie Mckellar. Maybe that is why i love this bread so much. it reminds me of Stephanie when she used to live here. this bread is a lot like Stephanie---perfectly sweet and balanced.

trust me....this is the best banana bread you will ever have. double the recipe. you wont regret it. and youll get rid of that pile of costco bananas that is collecting fruit flies!!

You can do so much with this recipe. you can add pecans, walnuts, or chocolate chips ( thats what i always add)

Stephanies Banana Bread , AKA triple B bread

1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter ( softened)
2 eggs
3 over ripe bananas mashed


Grease a regular sized loaf pan. sprinkle sugar on the bottom of the pan.
sift together dry ingredients . mix wet ingredients together.
slowly add dry ingredients to wet
Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.

5 comments:

The Allred Family said...

MMMMMMM. SOUNDS GOOD. TOO BAD I JUST THREW AWAY LIKE 10 ROTTING BANANAS. WOULD THEY STILL BE GOOD IN THE TRASH? J/K

Rebecca McAllister said...

Ooooo. I was just thinking the other day that I needed a recipe for some banana bread with choc. chips in it...you read my mind! Thanks!

Shawn and Tasha said...

I could thank you and kill you in the same breath right now. I made the bread (doubled it & added choc chips, as you said) and it's absolutely fabulous! The problem? I've been eating it ALL DAY LONG!! Yummy yum yum!:)

BTW, let me know when you guys get back cause Shawn and I have a silly little debate about which color of cord you bought from Ikea (for the white hanging lamps I bought)...stupid, I know.:)

Stephanie said...

Waaaaa! I wish I was there eating banana bread with you right now. I'm glad I'm getting credit for this recipe, although I discovered it in my BYU ward cookbook 10 years ago. I guess I should get credit for making it a million times or so in that 10 years (as my hips will attest). Love and miss you! Steph

Stephanie said...

Waaaaa! I wish I was there eating banana bread with you right now. I'm glad I'm getting credit for this recipe, although I discovered it in my BYU ward cookbook 10 years ago. I guess I should get credit for making it a million times or so in that 10 years (as my hips will attest). Love and miss you! Steph