Tuesday, October 7, 2008

heirloom tomatoes

the ones on the left are "purple" tomatoes, the ones on the far right are orange, and then yellow
and the big big ones are called "rose" tomatoes. and they are so delicious. if fast food, and other food places only used these types of tomatoes, instead of the yucky beef steak ones, more people would adore tomatoes.
Some people dont know what Heirloom tomatoes are. Heirloom tomato - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia  
try this link on wikipedia. it basically means that they are non-hybridized seeds. the real deal. 
and they have more flavor than the hybridized ones. kind of meaty too. 
the thing i love most about the rose tomatoes, is that they dont have hardly any of the "slime" that normal tomatoes have. they are just all meat---really solid.

5 comments:

The Allred Family said...

BEAUTIFUL! Dang Jilly, I didn't realize how skilled and domestic you are....you lil green thumb yoU! I wish i could do that! I always love the tomatoes a the grocery store called "ugly tomoatoes" (isn't that what they say?). They are always the prettiest.

Sidney said...

I love home grown tomatoes, they are a completely different fruit than what we buy in the store labeled tomatoes.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmm I love tomatoes.

Samantha said...

I don't like raw tomatoes, except on sandwiches, so maybe I would like yours. They sound so good.

kateworthi said...

Those look so yummy - I wish I had some. I've actually necer had Heirloom tomatoes. You've got my appetite wetted. I love homegrown beefsteaks though, (NOT storebought) so I can only imagine how delici ous heirlooms are. I wish I had a green thumb.