Wednesday, August 26, 2009

paper and I are not friends


I have come to the blunt conclusion-- I must have been born in an astrological sign that is anti-paper. maybe its fire, maybe its water, but its definately NOT air or anything that would condone the productivity, organization, and proliferation of paper.
Paper products, junk mail, and small slips of paper ( namely receipts)-just dont like me, and i dont like them. heck, even my "paper anniversary" didnt go off that well--as far as i can remember---wait, which one is the paper anniversary---the first?
its pretty comical. and pretty sad. im the only person i know who has piles and piles of paper junk overflowing my house. I even hired someone a while back that was suppose to help me figure out how to manage it---and while my system is awesome for doing that---you have to USE it to have it work.
What is the secret to not letting this happen? do normal people just spend an hour a day managing paper? i dont want to devote my life to managing paper!
If you know me, be a friend, dont ever give me a peice of paper with your number on it---or any other information on it please! ill just lose it , and have to come to you with my tail between my legs to tell you that its gone, and would you kindly give me the information again.

7 comments:

Brian and Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian and Lisa said...

I totally agree with you. I hate paper too. I actually hate getting the mail for this very reason. I have piles and eventually the pile gets so big I have to make another pile. I feel your pain!
Lisa

Becky said...

Paper is my Nemesis! Paper is the Enemy! It only gets worse when you've got 4 kids in elementary school and they're bringing home all notes in quadruplicate. Can we just go to an all digital world?

Rebecca McAllister said...

paper is my nemesis too! i just can't ever get on top of it. the school stuff, the junk mail, the kids art projects, the bills...and on and on and on! i haven't recovered from getting behind when anne was born 10 months ago...prety sad!

Sunderlages said...

I like that post. I am the same way. Who is this person you hired to organize your paper. I need that! I even said yes to the newspaper which I hate! Coupons are paper you know, that never going to happen. I usually put the paper straight in the recycle bin.

Kara said...

I hear you. EMAIL me people, nothing is ever lost in email and I don't have to store it, stack it, recycle it or even look at it if I don't need to. It just waits for a time when I might, someday, actually need it.

Sometimes when people give me information I email it to myself.

kateworthi said...

No freakin' kidding. You are not the only one who has piles of paper taking over your life. I am there with you. That's the downfall of my problem with cleanliness and organization. Those DAMN piles!!!!! I currently hide them under my bed... embarrassing to admit - I just wanted to tell you that I'm there with ya! I HATE PAPER! But for some reason, I'm having a hard time letting go of it!