Sunday, November 1, 2009

highlight of september


QUILT -O- RAMA


at the end of september, i meant to get around to updating, but just didnt have it in me.

( those with kids in school know about september, and how ridiculously busy it is)

i went to a quilt fair by myself ( boo hoo) . i was determined to go because i had heard from friends how fun it was. now, i must admit, there were some fun things going on there.

but i would have had more fun with a friend who likes to sew, or with Ruby.

Here are some pics of some amazing , and i mean AMAZING quilts.



Too bad you cant see this one very well. this was my favorite of the whole show i think.
its SOOOO detailed. and ....do you see the blue ribbon at the bottom? it won best artistic quilt.

this was my second favorite---i wanted ruby to see it. it was gigantic, the picture doesnt do any of these justice.


these art quilts were incredible. who knew you could do this with fibers and fabric?



i want this for my bed!!


this was some of the cutest fabric i have ever seen . too bad they werent selling the fabric!!
you could make a pile of scraps with this fabric and it would still be cute.


5 comments:

Becky said...

You're back!
Wish I could have gone to the fabric show with you, then we would have both had fun together :) The quilts look awesome!

sunderlage family said...

Jill, I love that you are so crafty! Miss you!

The Allred Family said...

i wanna see come halloween pics! I love that one quilt too...the geometric one. cool.

kateworthi said...

Love it! I'd be in heaven. But I'm sure there was some pretty horrible crap there too. I would have loved to see it!
BTW, that fabric in the last pic, if that's the fabric you're talking about - they sell that at a quilt shop near me. If you want, I can look for it when I go on Tuesday and buy it for you...

Shawn and Tasha said...

Ooooo those are lovely. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to go. Lincoln just HAAAAD to make his royal appearance early.

Put it on your calendar for next year though, k? Or maybe we'll just hit up Fabric Depot instead??