Sunday, May 25, 2008

chocahaulics anonymous




I have been a chocolate fan for my whole life. and i have come to the realization that im totally addicted. a day is just not a day until i have kicked back with a square of dark chocolate. here are some of the chocolates that i have tried over a couple of months and i have finally realized which ones i love and which ones arent worth a dime. i hate to say it , but the Lindt dark chocolate is hideously disgusting!!! if you get it let me know if you like it, maybe i just got a bad batch-----but i warn you. its really sour and gross!!
The Moonstruck chocolate is a local company. their truffles are nothing to write home about , but their dark chocolate is pretty good. ( moonstruck is the red wrapper in the picture) Dagoba chocolate is just really gross. it is also very sour and has a gross bitter after taste. honestly, i dont know why this brand is popular. i also have tried the "green and blacks" brand. its good, but it has a bitter after taste. my two favorites are the Godiva Cocoiste (any kind), and the Sees premium dark. no bitter or sour after tastes. and the flavor is very superior. the chocolates with the after tastes are what gives dark chocolate a bad wrap. most people dont like dark. that is because they have never had decent chocolate. the Lindt was a complete disappointment. they are a swiss company, they make excellent milk chocolate, but its really full of fat, and cream. not good for people who want the taste of chocolate with out breaking their figures completely.BUt, if you have never tried the GOdiva chocoiste and you love chocolate, you NEED To try it. its amazing. it seems like a really pretentious brand , but its really premium.I have tried many many bars of chocolate. and this is what i think!! tell me what YOU think. i would love to try something new.

5 comments:

EVEN STEPHENS said...

WOW JILL DO I HAVE A DARK CHOCOLATE FOR YOU!!!! That is so funny that you blogged about that. I have been using ISAGENIX and they have a Dark Chocolate Amino ACID supplement with an ORAC of 5,700 it is my favorite and I never used to like dark chocolate, it is pure and rich and has better health benifits than any other chocolate you can buy! If it tastes different than you are used to than it is just a matter of time before you fall in love with it but it is wonderful. I eat 1-2 every day and they are like 40 cals each peice. I will email you a link !www.brandonstephens.isagenix.com

kateworthi said...

I don't have any suggestions. I don't do DARK. And you know I don't care about it being less fat... right?! Anyway, I had no idea you were such a connosieur. It's pretty amzaing how in depth that was. Maybe I will like the Godiva. I'll have to try it if I ever get a chance - but I'm sure I won't go out of my way to purchase it or anything. Give me a good old Milk Lindt and I'm in HEAVEN! You are definitely mom's daughter in this way! I hate to say it, but it's true. ... SOrry. :) Oh, and YOU HAVE TO DO MY TAG!!!! - I know I'm so annoying, but you love me anyway.

The Allred Family said...

Jill, welcome to the chocolate addiction club. I can't belive it's only a square a day that satisfies yo. I don't know if I'd consider that addict status. I have to have a whole bar every day. But I definitely do NOT have the sophisticated tastes you have. I guess like there can be "cheap drunks" I am a "cheap chocoholic". I don't have any recommendations.....just keep eating and enjoying.

Anonymous said...

I have been obsessed with cholcolate since the beginning of my last pregnancy. I usually just want cake or milk chocolate. Like Claire said... Cheapy chocoholic! But when I read this blog I thought naybe if I found a really great dark I would convert to it. So I will have to check out the sees or godiva. I am definately concerned about the fat content (unklike the lucky katie mentioned) and I like the idea that the darker the better when it comes to the antioxidants and health benefits. I am gonna hunt some down!
Sadie

Becky said...

Jill, you are not alone with your chocoholismd! I was just talking about addictions the other day and saying I am totally hooked on chocolate. I keep a little stash in the kitchen and eat it "when no one is looking" Ha! Like secret eating means calorie free or something. I just love the stuff and cannot ignore it. I was on a big dark chocolate kick when I was thinking it was high in antioxidants but Richie recently told me that is all false and the processing actually removes the antioxidants of most dark chocolate!! Urrg. I knew it was too good to be true! I must confess that my tastebuds are not as refined as yours and I pretty much like it all! Now I really want to try your godiva brand. You are always so in the know!