Sunday, February 1, 2009

i know i am a lame blogger

I KNOW....... I AM LAME -- i dont update as frequently as i should. but i feel that most of the time the only thing worth writing about is my kids, and the silly things they do. and then i forget to take pictures, and well, no one wants a blog with out pictures. 

but i will just do some quick updates, and then soon ( when my sister katie remembers to send the only cool pictures i have of ezras birthday and of her visit) i will put some pictures on here. 

cool/eventful things that have happened in january:
*coming home from the holidays in arizona,we realized that flying with three kids is just not worth it. dont know when we will be adventurous enough to try it again. and ps--we also realized that our kids have the "adverse" reaction to benadryl--NOT the ideal reaction we were hoping for ( aka--tantrums and screaming the whole flight)
*Katie came to visit, helped me with my kids, and helped me do an awesome Yo Gabba Gabba birthday party for Ezra. and then she so graciously watched my kids while i went to an awesome fused glass class ( so sorry we couldnt find a babysitter so you could come :(
*Lucille started walking talking and got one upper tooth this month!! wowee! she is officially a toddler
*i chopped off the top of my thumb with a knife and went to the ER.
*all my kids came down with strep throat and me as well with in one week. we spent 100 bucks going to the doctor and 70 bucks on prescriptions and lost money for classes we signed up for. 
* My cat had to go on prozac :) ---now, this is a great one....wink wink. he sort of went more crazy on it, and we soon had to stop giving it.
* Jason made some awesome superbowl commercials that were very appropriate for the economic climate---and was written about in the mormon times.
*I learned how to make a fabric bead necklace, fused glass pendants and made my first sock monkey thanks to Fletcher Millers Eagle scout project ( thanks fletcher!!)

IN SUMMARY: i think we had a pretty successful month. we are so excited for this coming year. 
jason is planning a family reunion that is catered for his family ( it will be held up in pine arizona in july) . 
we are taking some kind of European Cruise ( grecian, or italian) for my 30th birthday. 
did i mention im turning 30 ? :(  and we are going to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary this year!!!woo hoo for us. 
and i hope ( i really hope) we can find the money, or the time, or something to do a disneyland trip for our kids this year. we'll have to pinch, but i think we can do it if we plan right. :)
so i really think this is going to be a great year. so far im not planning on having any babies or anything----i think i might lower my body fat ( hee hee ) 
its 2009 and we're doin fine. this is going to be a great year. 
we hope everyone is healthy and happy and doin great!!!
will post pics soon.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Jill, don't you know you should have planned to come to the bead show in Tucson this year! Oh well, Greece and Disneyland aren't so bad I guess, we'll have to get you some supplies. You are so cute, and the kids are adorable, sorry to hear about your thumb, did they put it back on? I need a link to Jason's commercials, I tried to watch for them yesterday, but I paid way more attention to my food and my friends, I read the article, though and find his success awesome and inspiring. Sounds like a great year ahead!

Candice said...

Great month! I was in the mall the other day, and met a guy from Mesa, AZ. Now, if anyone says 'Mesa', I always have to mention the Bagleys.

Well, he knew Jason, and had read about him in the paper. "Isn't he totally famous?" he asked.

Yes, yes he is.

Congrats.

Natalie Hall said...

Jill, you kill me! I absolutely loved that post. Your poor ER visit, what the heck!.. And all the kids with strep?! Flying is so stressful, and so challenging. I am really regretful I didn't see you guys, so dumb on my past. I wont even explain why I didn't.

I love Jason and for his amazing talent and the woman that stands behind him.. BTW, random note but I am loving your long hair.

You guys are going to have a Pine reunion, to fun... Well you are always though about and deeply missed. I wish we all lived together in a perfect place. I guess we all will in due time, right??

The Allred Family said...

I loved reading that post! see, you don't need a pic. You just need to have something interesting to say- and you do! I DO want to see some of those crafts you talked about. Why don['t you post pics of those? I didn't know Katie came. I remember her mentioning that she might. FUN!!! Happy B-Day Ezra!

Nancy said...

Jill- it's so not too late, get your superbowl advertising husband to buy you a plane ticket for Friday night, we'll go Saturday (I will so get you in) and you can be home by Sunday, tell him it's for your early thirtieth birthday present, I'm so serious, come! Becky can't come, but if you don't mind hanging out with me, my mom and Angela we'd love to have you, and don't be afraid to ever invite yourself ever again, don't you know that's the best way to get places?

Sunderlages said...

hey I am going to have to track down those commercials. Sounds like a great month. Sounds like you are having some fun! Wendy

Sidney said...

Jill tell Jason we who knew him when he was nothing loved his commercial. My kids had the opposite reaction everyone told me benedryl gives. They were bouncing off the walls.

Samantha said...

I am so glad that you are so optimistic about this year. I think we all could use a dose of that. I have been meaning to call you for a while. I wanted to talk to Ezra on his birthday, but nobody answered the phone :( Anyway, I hope all of your wildest dreams come true for this year! Oh yeah, and you need to put a link on your blog to Jason's super bowl commercials.